Employment Based Immigration

Employment-Based Immigration Services

The United States has several different kinds of visas that allow non-immigrants to get a green card to work in the United States for an allotted period of time. At the law office of Dahlia Castillo, we work with both U.S. employers and immigrant employees or prospective workers with their temporary worker visa applications. Our economy relies heavily on hard-working non-immigrants, but the legal process required to obtain a visa is not straight-forward. At the Law Office of Dahlia Castillo, we assist US-based employers, immigrant employees, and prospective immigrant workers with their employment based immigration processes.

Green Card Through Employment

We help U.S. based employers petition for qualified immigrant employees through the Permanent Labor Certification application (PERM) to get a GreenCard; and we prepare the PERM from the Department of Labor, the I-140 Petition for immigrant Worker and the adjustment of status or consular processing for the immigrant employee.

Temporary Worker Visas

A temporary worker visa is a special kind of employment-based permit that allows nonimmigrants to work in the United States for a set period of time. There are several different kinds of employment-based immigration visas depending on your skills and your field of expertise. The Law Office of Dahlia Castillo will assess your needs and help you find the type of visa that matches your profile.

H-1B Temporary Worker Visa

The H-1B temporary worker visa is reserved for highly qualified individuals whose expertise and knowledge is requested by an American employer for a limited and predetermined time frame. Qualifying activities usually require a bachelor’s degree at least.

H-2B Temporary Non-Agricultural Workers Visa

The H-2B temporary non-agricultural work visa is available to non-immigrants who are to be employed in the U.S. during a time in which there are not enough local workers to fulfill the task. For an H-2B visa to be granted, the petitioner must have proof that there is a lack of U.S. workers with the necessary qualifications for the job, and that employing non-immigrants under the H–2B visa will not negatively impact the working conditions of U.S. workers, and that the need for non-immigrant workers is temporary in nature.